Rationalise duplicated information!
A multiplicity of uncoordinated databases can waste staff time, limiting your productivity and flexibility as a business.
You'll be able to relate to the following
- Repetitive time-consuming data entry.
- Searching and extracting data is repetitive.
- Reporting is a tedious effort.
- Lacking the ‘big picture’ with fragmented or disjointed data.
What you would need
You can find a whole new level of synergy, efficiency, and productivity by integrating databases into a seamless information system that:
- Can talk to your existing databases, or get them talking to each other, or replaces them.
- ‘Thinks like you’ – vs standard systems that you have to fit into.
- Is flexible and scalable to adapt with business growth and changes.
- Only requires you to enter data once – and pull it out for multiple reporting needs.
- Guides and ‘constrains’ staff to enter data correctly to prevent errors – idiot proof.
- Gives visibility of your whole operation – the big picture.
If you want to achieve it
“Think efficiency … Think effectiveness … Think workflow.”
- Gather together all your paperwork.
- Assess what is being done and why.
- Determine your pain points.
- Model a solution to fit your workflow.
- Design the screen layouts you need to make it work.
- Write the appropriate computer code and build the solution.
- Populate databases with data.
- Cutover to new features.
- Monitor changes and support users through transition.
Look at these real-world situations…
Not-for-profit social resource provider merges two organisations with a new single database;